Browse The NAHA Bookstore
Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 3rd Edition
By: Len Price, MIT, FIFPA, LIAM & Shirley Price, FIFPA, LIAM
This book provides a clear and authoritative introduction to aromatherapy as practiced in modern health care settings, providing valuable information for any health professional who wants to learn about the subject. It provides the in-depth knowledge needed to begin using essential oils in the practice environment.
- Reader-friendly layout and design makes the material accessible and easy to follow.
- All oils specified in the national curricula are covered in detail.
- Case studies illustrate practical applications for concepts and techniques discussed in the chapters.
- Fully revised and updated discussions throughout include 24 new essential oil profiles added to this edition.
- Updated information on health and safety provides crucial information on safeguarding both the practitioner and the client.
- Additional references and new research have been added to this edition, as well as updated and revised tables.
- More illustrations make key points easier to understand.
- Chapters on carrier oils and essential waters have been updated and expanded.
- The touch and massage chapter has been thoroughly revised.
- The index has been extensively revised to include essential oil properties and indications.
Contributed chapters from nurses and midwives from various hospitals and community settings address topics such as Policy and Practice of Aromatherapy, Aromatherapy in Nursing, Primary Health care, Midwifery and Childbirth, Learning Disabilities, Stress, Intensive and Coronary Care, Care of the Elderly, and Palliative Care.