You are seeing this message because you are using the Internet Explorer web browser. Internet Explorer has not been updated with new features since the release of Windows 10 in July 2015, so it doesn't support the modern standards that our website uses. We recommend switching to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, all of which our website is tested with.
1) Demonstrate commitment to provide the highest quality aromatherapy service to those who seek their professional service
2) Conduct myself in a professional and ethical manner in relation to my clients, fellow aromatherapists and colleagues and the general public so as to comply with the highest standards of moral behavior and integrity and to uphold the dignity and status of my profession under all circumstances.
3) Share professional knowledge, research, and experiences with fellow aromatherapists and colleagues to support the advancement of aromatherapy.
4) Refrain from all types of intellectual property theft including plagiarism, defined as copying or borrowing someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as my own, or failing to properly cite my sources. See plagiarism.org for more information.
5) Treat clients in accordance with holistic principles (recommend treatment based upon the specific needs of the client) and render professional services for no other purposes than the total well being of my clients.
6) Educate clients in the quality and availability of true aromatherapy products and services.
7) Refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving clients.
8) Recognize that my primary obligation is always to the client and agree to practice aromatherapy to the best of my ability for my client's benefit. My client's comfort, welfare and health must always have priority.
9) Provide clients with an informed consent/disclosure statement and information that includes training, certification, scope of practice, payment structure, benefits, limitations and expectations of both the practitioner and client.
10) Endeavor to serve the best interests of my clients at all times by providing the highest quality of service and I shall undertake continuing education and improve upon my aromatherapy skills and professional standards whenever possible.
11) Provide services within the scope and the limits of my training. I will not employ techniques for which I have not had adequate training and shall represent my education, training, qualifications and abilities honestly. I shall acknowledge the limitations of my skills and when necessary, refer clients to the appropriate qualified professionals.
12) Not diagnose, prescribe or provide any service, which requires a license to practice unless specifically licensed to do.
13) Maintain client confidentiality and not divulge to anyone the findings I acquire during consultation, or in the course of professional recommendations, without my clients consent except when required by law.
14) Support other consultants at all times and shall never criticize, condemn or otherwise denigrate other consultants in the presence of a client or other lay persons.
15) Respect the rights of other healthcare professionals and aromatherapists and will cooperate with all health care professionals in a friendly and professional manner.
16) Where another consultant refers a client to me, I shall return such client to the original consultant when the specified recommendation is complete. I will not denigrate another consultant’s recommendations.
17) Not make false claims regarding the potential benefits of aromatherapy and shall actively participate in educating the public regarding the actual benefits of true aromatherapy.
18) Not give guarantees regarding the results of any recommendations, nor exploit a client for financial gain through inferences or misrepresentation of any sort.
19) Practice honesty in advertising, promote my services ethically and in good taste, and practice and or advertise only those skills for which I have received adequate training or certification.
20) Maintain my premises in a hygienic condition, and ensure that my premises offer my clients sufficient privacy.
21) Maintain complete records of each client, including specific details of my recommendations.
22) Refrain from the use of any mind-altering drugs, alcohol, or intoxicants prior to or during a professional aromatherapy consultation or while representing the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy.
23) Dress in a professional manner, proper dress being defined as the attire suitable and consistent with accepted professional practice.
24) Represent a united front to the public and refrain from criticism of colleagues either in writing, on social media, or verbally before clients or the general public.
25) Shall, upon being found to have transgressed any of the bylaws of the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy and/or this Code of Ethics, voluntarily surrender and return my membership certificate to the association.
Please note: NAHA Membership does not constitute approval of any particular company or brand of products. Except for educational materials and NAHA gear, NAHA does not sell Aromatherapy products. NAHA neither endorses nor approves any particular product, brand, product-selling business or service which pays to advertise online or in the NAHA Aromatherapy journal, newsletters or other media and publication formats.
Not a member yet but would like to stay up to date with NAHA? Considering joining but would like to explore the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy more? Join our e-newsletter today and stay in touch.
Our office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Mountain time, Monday - Friday.
National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy6000 S. 5th Ave
Copyright © 2023 National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. All rights reserved.
The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy is a 501(c)3 non-profit association.
All material provided on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your healthcare professional or physician.