Please note that 1 hour of course work/time invested = 1 CE credit
*Business members are eligible to apply, but must provide additional documents upon application to prove they have met NAHA education standards for a Level 2 or higher
*If you are currently a NAHA Approved School you do not need this additional certification to offer continuing education opportunities. However, if you would like to be displayed on our NACEP page as an individual provider then you will need to purchase a NACEP subscription and contact the NAHA office at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Member I.D., and name of current approved school to receive access to create your listing.
Aromatherapy Authors can now offer Books as NAHA Continuing Education Credits!
-The author must be an educator at a NAHA approved school, or a NAHA Approved Continuing Education Provider (NACEP).
-The maximum allowed CEs per book is 4. *If the book is used as a text for a course then the ce hours are correlated to the hours of that course. Documentation is required for any more than 4 CE credits offered.
-Authors are required to provide a CE credit hour recommendation upon applying, which will be used in the description in the NACEP approved books category on the NAHA store.
-A copy of the book (electronic preferred) will need to be provided by the author to the NAHA office. Links to electronic book copies will only be shared with NAHA staff and board members as needed for review. The author's copyright will be protected. (To be provided during the NACEP application)
$100 annual fee for US/Canada memberships,
$200 annual fee for international memberships.
*Note: This is a separate fee from your regular NAHA membership. Your level 2 or above NAHA membership and your NACEP membership must remain current and in good standing in order to claim NACEP status.
Before applying, please review the below information to ensure you meet NAHA’s safety and code of ethics standards. If you pay for the application fee and are not approved for failure to meet the below standards, NAHA will refund you your payment minus a $25.00 processing fee.
Violation of NAHA's Code of Ethics including plagiarism of materials is grounds for immediate removal from the NAHA approved educator list. NAHA reserves the right to remove any educator from our approved list at the Board of Directors' discretion for any reason.
Please note that NAHA does not approve of courses or other education which includes “touch therapies” or "drop therapies"which use undiluted or toxic essential oils, undiluted internal use, or any other unsafe practices. Please refer to our Safety and Guidelines (link) for additional information.
How to apply:
1. Log in to your member page (https://naha.org/account).
2. Locate the 'Account Navigation' menu on the right, and choose 'Add a Subscription'.
3. Choose the appropriate NACEP Plan for your region (US/Canada or International) and complete payment. You will be redirected back to your member page upon completion.
4. From the 'Account Navigation' menu on the right, choose 'Subscriptions and Billing'.
5. In the section for NACEP subscriptions (On the left, beneath the Schools section), choose the option for the 'NACEP Application'.
Once you have set up your subscription you will sent an email with follow-up instructions, and you will also be able to access the application from your membership home page. The review process for any application may take up to 2-3 weeks. You will be contacted by a representative of NAHA for any clarification, need for additional documents, or with the denial or acceptance of your application. If your application is approved you will be instructed by the NAHA representative on how to set up your official listing.
If you have any questions about this process you can contact our office at email@example.com
1. While it is acceptable to require school supplies and suggest a brand, educators and schools applying to become a NAHA-approved school must not require students to purchase any particular brand of essential oils/aromatherapy products, nor sign-up for an account/membership with another company that the educator/school is affiliated with, nor pay for any type of subscription in order to receive aromatherapy products in order to participate in the aromatherapy course program/s offered by the school/educator.
2. If the educator/school is affiliated with a certain brand/company that will be promoted within the aromatherapy course, then this information must be clearly stated in the school’s policies/procedures, website, marketing materials, and to be included in a statement given to prospective students prior to registration to avoid any conflict of interest.
3. Please note that NAHA does not police educators/schools/businesses in regards to what aromatherapy products they sell and or make available to students. Individuals seeking educational sources to register with and or enroll into a course/s should be sure to read and understand any policies and procedures (including refunds policy) that are part of the educator/school/business’ educational program/s prior to paying any course/class/workshop fees, etc. It is the student’s responsibility to make themselves aware of any additional supplies that may be required to purchase separately or as part of an educational program.